Resources for Teams Managers
Initiative to Support Umpires
- Providing an Umpire Escort to safely walk umpires from the ground.
- Providing a clear route to the clubrooms (e.g. through spectators) with cones or bunting.
- Supplying umpires with water when required.
- Supplying umpires with food and drink in-kind.
- Promoting the Umpire Pathway @ Umpire.AFL.com.au.
- Ensuring match day ‘Game Day Environment & Umpire Support’ signage is displayed.
- Ensuring Coaches, Spectators and Parents acknowledge the WAFC Code of Conducts;
- WAFC POL.19 – True Sport – Codes of Conduct
- WAFC POL.19C – True Sport Coaches Code of Conduct
- WAFC POL.19D – True Sport Parents & Spectators Code of Conduct
- WAFC POL.19E – True Sport Players Code of Conduct
- WAFC POL.19F – True Sport Runners & Water Carriers Code of Conduct
- Ensure all Coaches, Spectators and Parents understand WAFC By Law 1 (Spirt of the Game) and By Law 2 (Supporting the Umpires) – Page 4
- Promote the 12 Strategies to Enhance Our Junior Footballers.
- Ensure every Ground is set up as per WAFC POL.15A Match Operations Policy: Ground Preparation